Last night I wanted pasta so I headed over to Sam’s Place. I found one of his wife’s recipes called “Pasta with Peppers and Onions.” I thought to myself, this sounds really easy to make but I knew hubby would complain as there is no meat in the recipe. So I improvised and added bacon to the mix along with a few other changes. The link for the original recipe can be found above.
Here is my version.
- 1 pkg. of bacon cut, and cooked
- Olive Oil
- 1 yellow, 1 red, and one orange pepper (you can use any combo you like) sliced into strips
- 1 large onion sliced into strips
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 large garlic cloves grated
- 1 tsp. of Italian Seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. of (450 g) Lingue cooked and drained with a bit of olive oil mixed in
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese finely grated
- While the bacon and pasta are cooking cut up your peppers, onion, tomato, and grate your garlic.
- Once the bacon has cooked drain and put aside.
- In a frying pan cover the bottom with olive oil. About a tbs.
- Once the oil is heated add the onion strips and cook for about 3 minutes over med-high. Turn the heat down to medium and add the sliced pepper strips, diced tomato, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, and cooked bacon stirring all together until the peppers are the way you like them.
- Put your cooked pasta into a bowl and add the pepper mix tossing gently.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, serve and e ENJOY!