The following was written for two challenges.
Flash Fiction Challenge over at Carrot Ranch. March 5, 2020, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about Clarice. She can be any Clarice real, historical, or imagined. What story does she have for you to tell? Go where she may lead!
and for …
- Write three lines inspired by the photo prompt (& give them a title if possible).
- Link back to this post (& check the link shows up under the weekly post).
- Tag your post with 3LineTales (so everyone can find you in the Reader).
- Read and comment on other TLT participants’ lines.
- If you want your post to be included in the round-up, you have until Sunday evening to publish it.
- Have fun.
Looking for her brother, in an old abandoned warehouse, Clarice picked up a piece of a shirt that looked exactly like the one she’d given him two years ago at Christmastime.
Amongst the decaying garbage making the entire place smell rancid there were needles scattered here and there along with a few old mattresses.
Clarice who was once quite close to her brother now feared the worse had happened to him since he first started using hard drugs to depress the death of their mother three years ago leaving them to live with total strangers who beat him savagely.
© Susan Zutautas 2020